CHECK IT OUT! 10 PM NOV 28TH TO 10 PM DEC. 1ST!
Don’t Fear Hackers, Just Protect, and Sleep At Night
I just wanted to write a brief post, in light of all the internet hacking and malware that is going on lately. There are some pretty nasty infections going around the web at the moment. But people shouldn’t fear them. If you have your security up tight, if you have done all the basics, and follow all the rules, life will go on, and everything will be ok. Most hackers are not actually that intelligent. Granted, there is a handful of extremely bright coders/programmers out there. But you need to know that this is NOT the majority of the crowd out there. The majority of the crowd falls into the category of what we like to call “script kiddies” …people with zero skills, who download malicious programs from the internet and the darkweb (if they actually survive without getting hacked themselves) and attempt to put them to work. (more…)
Scary Smart Banking Phone Hack! LEARN ABOUT IT!
AMAZING launch returns boosters to the pad for the first time!
It’s not I.T. related, but being a veteran, and also working for both Lockheed Martin, and Astro Aerospace in the past, I have a great appreciation for these projects as well. In any regard, this is a tremendously amazing acheivment, and glorious to observe. I watched this video on my TV …full screen! Don’t check out early, or you will miss the best part.
The latest version of WordPress, 5.1, has some great improvements. You will want to read about them: (REF: https://make.wordpress.org/core/2019/02/08/wordpress-5-1-field-guide/ ) CHECK IT OUT!
- Cron Improvements with PHP-FPM in WordPress 5.1
- Cron API changes in WordPress 5.1
- Build tools: We’ve enabled running WordPress from /src again
- New Styling for Admin Table Pagination Links in WordPress 5.1
- WordPress 5.1 String Changes in HTML/PHP Files
There are even more goodies in 5.1 like updates to values allowed for the
WP_DEBUG_LOG constant, new test config file constant in the test suite, new plugin action hooks, short circuit filters for
count_users(), a new
human_readable_duration function, improved taxonomy metabox sanitization, limited
LIKE support for meta keys when using
WP_Meta_Query, a new “doing it wrong” notice when registering REST API endpoints, and more!
- Miscellaneous Developer Focused Changes in 5.1
- New function: human_readable_duration
- Improved taxonomy metabox sanitization in 5.1
- LIKE support for meta keys in 5.1
- New REST API Notice in 5.1
There are also a few additional changes that will receive a dev note shortly:
- Object Caching can now degrade gracefully (#22661)
- New parameter for the
- New filter for filtering and overriding block attributes (#45451)
But Wait, There is More!
- Bootstrap/Load: WSODs protection returns incorrect content type for JSON Requests (#45933)
- Cache API: Allow object caches to degrade gracefully (#22661)
- Customize: Improve browser compatibility of
Content-Security-Policyheaders for window in preview iframe (#40020)
- Customize: Use iframe
sandboxattribute to restrict browsing in Customizer preview instead of attempting to rely on JS to intercept top navigation (#42341)
- Customize: Fix counting of sections for widget sidebars, allowing non-sidebar sections to not interfere (#43556)
- Customize: Prevent
wp_targeted_link_rel()from corrupting Customizer changeset data (#45292)
- Media: Parse the creation date out of uploaded audio files (#42017)
- Media: No placeholder for ico file in list view of Media Library (#43458)
media_handle_sideload()may unexpectedly return 0 on error (#44303)
- Menus: Improve headings and instructions for better accessibility (#43397)
- Menus: Show an appropriate message when no menus exist (#45155)
- Networks and Sites: Improve site creation in multisite (#40364)
- Networks and Sites: Introduce
- Networks and Sites: Implement
- Plugins: Disable “Install Plugin” button for PHP required version mismatch (#43986)
- Privacy: Show the comment / awaiting moderation message even without opt-in (#43857)
post__inorderby not working when passed in an array to orderby (#38034)
- REST API: Allow to filter the query in the search controller (#45454)
- Taxonomy: Add
- Users: New filter to short circuit
- Widgets: Make the Widgets screen “Enable accessibility mode” link more discoverable (#42778)
- Widgets: Fix Gallery Widget preview after an image is deleted (#43139)
- Widgets: Fix custom HTML widget editor content not updating after save (#43657)
A humorous amplified look at some typical office problems Everything I.T. can help with. Even if you don’t need help right now, take a break and have a laugh with your morning coffee (or dinner, depending)